Another week, another blog!
Its getting cold outside, with winter just around the corner! During the cold months, we ask that all athletes come to, and leave training with warm clothing like tracksuit pants, jumpers or leggings over the top of their shorts and tshirts. Leaving training in particular, we want athletes to rug up even if they say they are too hot to do so! Muscles like to cool down gradually!
Cold weather training gear.
- Layers are perfect for training in the colder weather, you need to allow your muscles to warm up properly.
- Loose and baggy clothing is not ideal for cheerleading, layered clothing should be fitted, particularly for flyers.
- Hoodies should not be worn when stunting, long sleeved tshirts, sweatshirts etc are more suited to stunting. Hoods can pose a safety risk.
Nails and Jewellery for Cheer athletes:
- Athletes and parents are reminded that no jewellery is permitted whilst training. All piercings should be removed.
- Nails are required to be trimmed to no longer than the tip of the finger. Fake nails/tips/acrylics etc are strictly not permitted in cheerleading classes.
ACCOUNTS @ DREAMTYME
Please note that all outstanding fees are now overdue. For questions regarding fees and your account, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
DREAMTYME DANCE ACADEMY GRAND OPENING
We want to say a HUGE THANK YOU to EVERYONE who came and supported us on our special day! It was fantastic to see so many people in the studio dancing and having fun!
Another MASSIVE THANK YOU goes out to our fantastic fundraising committee who organised the BBQ, bake sale and raffle on the day!
The day was a fantastic success, and we never let a little (or a lot of!) rain stop us from having fun and enjoying ourselves!
Check out some of the photos from the day below!
HIP HOP @ DREAMTYME DANCE ACADEMY
Our BRAND NEW hip hop classes begin THIS TUESDAY May 16th! Come along and have some fun at these awesome casual classes!
Junior (14yrs and under) hip hop: 4:30-5:30pm
Open (14 yrs and over) hip hop: 5:30-6:30pm
Come along and join in the fun with our new teacher Tori! We can’t wait to see you there!
MEET THE COACHES
A little about me: I’m a primary school teacher during the day. At night I compulsively read entire novels while binge drinking tea and hanging out with my old arthritic cat.
What do you enjoy most about coaching? The athletes. It doesn’t matter how ugly our world gets- I know we will be ok because every single day I get to work with our world’s future- and they are extraordinary.
What motivates you? It’s a joy to watch athletes push again and again for new skills with tenacity and dedication. I like that I can help them reach their goals.
Favourite motivational quote: ‘Aut viam inveniam aut faciam’ (I’ll either find a way-or make one)
If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Vegemite toast with lots of butter and a cuppa.
PALM SPRINGS AND HAWAII TRY OUTS!
Our tryouts for our International Hawaii and Palm Springs tour are Sunday July 2nd at 10am! For more information, contact email@example.com