his policy is applicable to all DreamTyme All Stars members, employees, committee members and affiliates.Social Media may include (although is not limited to):
- social networking sites (eg Facebook, Myspace, LinkedIn, Bebo, Yammer, Instagram, Snapchat)
- video and photo sharing websites (eg Flickr, Youtube)
- blogs, including corporate blogs and personal blogs
- blogs hosted by media outlets (eg 'comments' or 'your say' feature on theage.com.au)
- microdblogging (eg Twitter)
- wikis and online collaborations (eg Wikipedia)
- forums, discussion boards and groups (eg Google groups, Whirlpool)
- pod and podcasting
- online multiplayer gaming platforms (eg World of Warcraft, Second life)
- instant messaging (including SMS)
DreamTyme All Stars recognises that the use of social media is commonplace among its employees and members. This policy does not intend to discourage nor unduly limit personal expression or online activities but publicly observable communications, actions or words are not private. Users should recognise the potential consequences of the misuse of social media, both personally and to the reputation of DreamTyme All Stars.
Breaches of this policy are considered very serious and disciplinary action will be strictly enforced. The discipline will depend on the severity of the case, however, may include the following: personal apology, suspension, dismissal or any other appropriate form of action.
General Guidelines for the use of Social Media:
- Be polite and respectful to all people you interact with.
- It is highly recommended that your personal website or page should be set as "private," so only the people that you have invited may access your page.
- DreamTyme employees are discouraged from becoming social media contacts such as Facebook "friends" with DTAS members under 16 years of age (DreamTyme Owners being the exception)
- Any personal website, blog, Facebook interaction, etc. must not contain commentary that violates DreamTyme's Codes of Behavior or Member Protection Policy.
- The use of photos, logos or images of DreamTyme or its programs without the express permission of the owners is prohibited. Personal photos of fellow members, employees etc must not be used without the permission of the person and/or their guardian.
- Any information that is confidential or proprietary to DreamTyme must not be disclosed to any third party.
- You are solely responsible for any legal liability arising from or relating to your use of social media.
- You must not post material that is offensive, obscene, defamatory, threatening, harassing, bullying, discriminatory, hateful, racist, sexist, infringes copyright, or is otherwise unlawful.
Dedicated DreamTyme All Stars Employee/Member Social Media Groups/Pages:
DreamTyme recognizes that social media is a highly effective communication tool and is a great way to keep members and employees informed and involved in DreamTyme activities.
From time to time, official DreamTyme All Stars pages/online groups are created for this purpose and the following additional guidelines apply to these:
- The Club owners authorized staff members and coach of the relevant discipline are the only persons authorized to set up and administer official DreamTyme All stars pages and/or pages or sites/
- No page or site is to be set up regarding Club activities unless prior and specific authorization has been given by the DreamTyme Management
- No page or site is to include "DTAS" or "DreamTyme All Stars" unless prior and specific authorization has been given by the Committee of Management.
- It is illegal to use a registered company or business name without permission.
- The page must be set as private, and only current employees, members and their parents will be given access.
- No page or site is to include photos or videos of individuals or groups from DreamTyme All Stars without written permission from the parents or guardians of members under 18 years or written permission from the member if 18 years or older.
Bullying and harassment in all forms is regarded by DreamTyme All Stars as unacceptable. Given the emergence of new telephone and internet social networks, the opportunity for unwanted and improper comments and statements has increased. Some may manipulate a person by encouraging a statement to be made on twitter or facebook, for example, when the writer may be upset or vulnerable. In some cases, bullying is regarded as a criminal offence punishable by imprisonment, amongst other things. Frustration at an official, team mate, coach, sporting body or employer must never be communicated on social network channels.
Anti-Discrimination and Harassment:
DreamTyme All Stars opposes all forms of harassment, discrimination and bullying. This includes behavior that is offensive, abusive, belittling, intimidating or threatening - whether this is face-to-face, indirectly or via communication technologies such as mobile phones or computers.